WITS BUSINESS STATS 2018 – EXAM REVISION
ALL WORK FOR THE EXAM WILL BE COVERED, INCLUDING EXAMPLES & THEORY FROM ALL SECTIONS INCLUDING OLD EXAM PAPERS, AND I WILL RE-TEACH KEY SECTIONS AND PROVIDE YOU WITH TIPS FOR SETTING OUT YOUR ANSWERS, ETC. OVER THE 6 LESSONS, ALL SECTIONS WILL BE COVERED IN DETAIL. IN ALL, WE WILL COVER HUNDREDS OF OLD EXAM AND TEST QUESTIONS IN DETAIL. EVERY HOUR HAS BEEN THOROUGHLY PLANNED AND WORKED OUT TO COVER THE WORK IN MAJOR DETAIL. THE SECOND LAST LESSON ON FRIDAY 9TH NOVEMBER IS LONGER AND WILL PARTIALLY COVER A MOCK EXAM THAT YOU WILL WRITE UNDER EXAM CONDITIONS. WE WILL THEN GO THROUGH THE EXAM IN DETAIL WITH STEP BY STEP SOLUTIONS. THE LAST LESSON WILL ALSO COVER LOTS OF LAST-MINUTE TIPS AND TRICKS. WE WILL BE DOING 25 HOURS OF REVISION IN TOTAL, AND I WILL ALSO BE SHOWING YOU EXACTLY HOW TO SET OUT YOUR ANSWERS TO GAIN MAXIMUM MARKS FOR WORKING AND SET OUT.
The rules for these revision sessions are as follows (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS EVERYTHING IS FULLY EXPLAINED):
1) If any student brings a new student or new students to exam revision, the student who brings the new student may claim an incredible discount of R750 per new student off the revision fees. There is no limit to the number of new students you can bring, and you will get R750 for each new student you bring, provided they pay the full fee as indicated below. Only one of you may claim the discount for each new student (or a few of you can share it), but you now have an amazing opportunity to save yourself a lot of money. You may also work a deal with the new student where they pay less and you share the discount. THIS IS MORE THAN TRIPLE THE DISCOUNT I USUALLY GIVE, SO YOU HAVE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE MUCH CHEAPER LESSONS IF YOU BRING A FEW NEW PEOPLE.
3) As far as possible, lesson times have been structured so as not to clash with other exams that some of you are writing. As such, everybody pays the same fee regardless of the number of revision lessons you attend. Once your registration has been received (by depositing the fee plus all outstanding funds into my account), your place will be confirmed. All money paid is non-refundable.
4) Please do not do a cash or cheque deposit, but rather an EFT. There are no additional fees for EFTs and NO other hidden costs.
5) No refunds will be given under any circumstances, and the R750 discounts per student brought will be paid to you in cash once all money owing to me has been received.
6) Costs are fixed regardless of the number of lessons you attend. By registering, you have the right to attend all lessons and your place at all lessons will be reserved. There are no refunds in the event that you don’t arrive or you decide to arrive late or leave early at any lesson.
7) All lessons will be 4 hours, except for the second last lesson which is 5 hours to accommodate the mock exam. I have also staggered the lessons to give you a day or two off. Note that there are never more than 2 lessons on consecutive days. There will be short breaks every hour so that people can concentrate better. I have no choice in this regard as time is limited and the syllabus is vast. The lesson on Friday 9th will contain a mock exam that you will write under exam conditions, so as to prepare you thoroughly for the pressures of writing your exam. We will go through this exam in detail in this lesson, and the final lesson on Sunday 11th will contain last minute tips and tricks. This is a great chance to see exactly how much you know before the exam, and has worked very well in the past.
8) Rest assured that these lessons are very comprehensive and will cover everything. If you work properly and in a disciplined fashion in these lessons, you will not need to do much work at home at all. The pass rate for people attending these lessons in the past has been very high.
9) The cost of lessons is considerably cheaper than your group lessons and previous years’ lessons. As a result, and given the fact that there is normally a lot of panic before this exam, there might well be considerable interest in these classes, so please register early, and spread the word in order to secure your R750 discounts per new student.
10) As far as possible, no lessons have been scheduled for times when other exams are being written, but if there is a clash or you can’t make a lesson for whatever reason, it is still much cheaper than your group lessons and you have a chance to gain refunds through new students, so I cannot make other plans for you or offer you further reduced rates or discounts.
11) Please do not come to these lessons if you intend to disrupt the class. I expect all students who attend to behave in an appropriate fashion, so that everyone can benefit from the quality of the lessons. If you become too disruptive, I reserve the right to ask you to leave until such time as you can behave appropriately.
12) The venue has sufficient parking and we will have a board so you will see all worked examples written on the board, together with full explanations and set-outs.
Revision lessons for your exam on the 12th will happen at Liora Michaels’ dad’s premises, 50 First Street, Abbotsford, as follows:
THURS 1ST NOV: 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM
FRI 2ND NOV: 1 PM – 5 PM
TUES 6TH NOV: 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM
WED 7TH NOV: 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM
FRI 9TH NOV: 12 NOON – 5 PM (LONGER LESSON TO ACCOMMODATE THE MOCK EXAM)
SUN 11TH JUNE: 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM (LAST MINUTE TIPS AND TRICKS)
THE COST OF LESSONS IS AS FOLLOWS:
ALL STUDENTS PAY A REDUCED RATE OF R150 PER HOUR FOR THE 25 HOURS OF REVISION, REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY LESSONS YOU ATTEND. THE COST PER STUDENT IS THEREFORE R3750.
THIS AMOUNT MUST BE EFTd ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY 30TH OCTOBER (AS EXPLAINED IN POINT 2 ABOVE) TOGETHER WITH ALL OTHER OUTSTANDING AMOUNTS, AND YOUR NAME WILL THEN BE ADDED TO THE LIST.
THOSE OF YOU WHO BRING NEW STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE CASH BACK OF R750 PER STUDENT AT THE LESSONS, ONCE THOSE STUDENTS HAVE PAID IN FULL.
NOTE THAT THERE IS SPACE FOR ONLY ABOUT 22 STUDENTS MAXIMUM, SO PLEASE REGISTER AND PAY IN ADVANCE. MY REGULAR STUDENTS WILL HAVE PRIORITY, BUT IF YOU DON’T BOOK IN TIME, YOUR SPACES WILL BE ALLOCATED TO NEW STUDENTS.
THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS ARE REGISTERED AS OF NOW:
MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND GOOD LUCK. THESE LESSONS WILL PREPARE YOU THOROUGHLY FOR THE EXAM.
Maths, AP Maths and Science lessons for High School grades are currently ongoing. One-on-ones and small group classes take place at my home in Bedford Park.